In our Physics Laboratory, experiments are conducted by Higher Secondary students. The two major types of experiments conducted include the General and Electrical experiments.
All experiments conducted are based on Higher Secondary syllabus. The student understand the principle by carrying out the General experiments like Spectrometer for determining the wavelength etc., and Electrical experiments like OP-Amp, Junction and Zener diode, Logic Gates etc. Based on the Electrical experiments they also construct the circuit individually.
Every year the equipment are upgraded based on the syllabus and maintained in good condition. The following apparatus are available in the Physics Lab:
- Meter Bridge
- Tangent Galvanometer
- Transistor – CE mode
- Qualitative analysis is conducted for simple colored salts.
- Quantitative analysis is conducted and estimate the acid-base hydrolysis. Estimates of the amount of the following compounds would be carried out
- NaOH vs. HCl
- COOH – COOH vs. NaOH
- Na2CO3 vs. HCl
- Students analyze colorless salts and find out the acidic and basic radicals as a part of qualitative analysis. Further they learn the type compounds from these analyses.
- As a part of quantitative analysis, six types of analysis including three types involving comparison of various solutions and three types of estimations are carried out. Besides this, estimate of strength and amount of crystals present in 250, 500, 750, 1000 and 1250 ml of the given solution are also done.
The lab provides the following to the students for carrying out their experiments:
- Test tube, Test tube Stand
- Conical Flask
- Watch Glass and
This lab caters to Botany and Zoology subjects for Higher Secondary students. The lab is equipped with the slides necessary for these students. Fresh specimens are provided to the students during the practical classes. The slides and specimen are updated yearly to cater to the syllabus.
The following equipment are available in the Biology Lab:
- Compound Microscope
- Hot water Bath
- Dissection Microscope
- Glass Equipments
- Chemicals for qualitative tests
Science Lab (High School)
The Science lab caters to students from Class VI to X and is spacious, equipped with all basic facilities including Charts, Specimens, models, slides etc. that are required to enhance scientific practical skills among the students. Laboratory activities have been designed to engage the students carry out individually, or in small groups or as large group demonstrations. The Lab motivates the students carry out their project works easily so as to enhance their knowledge. The students on their part show interest and carry out experiments enthusiastically in a cordial atmosphere. The lab teaching ranges from highly structured ones, teacher centric, to open inquiry students centric ones.
Laboratory activities appeal as a way of learning with understanding and at the same time engage in the process of constructing knowledge by doing science.
This lab is a dream to our children and various steps are being taken to make this dream come true. NIIT installed the Lab using the latest technology. It helps students overcome their fear about Mathematics and makes learning enjoyable. Students operate the system under teacher’s guidance and understanding the concepts are made easier now.
Using the manipulates, students create various shapes and estimate perimeter and areas for these figures. This increases the creativity of the students. ‘Learning by doing’ is the main idea behind this lab and adequate opportunities are provided to all students for grasping the concepts and retaining them forever.